Business and Commercial Law
The experience of our Business & Commercial Law team allows us to cover a wide range of legal issues facing corporate entities and businesses, whether the issue is to be dealt with on a stand-alone basis or as part of a broader strategy.
We apply these skills for the benefit of a range of entities including public and private companies, not-for-profit organisations, partnerships and small businesses. We have access to both interstate and overseas lawyers and are able to provide a single point of reference for our clients whether they are opening a new store in North Sydney or sourcing supply from overseas.
Our business and commercial lawyers advise and guide clients across the breath of commercial law, including:
Business support services
- The expertise of our business and commercial law team covers the diverse range of legal issues facing businesses and corporate entities. We provide comprehensive practical advice to assist clients to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our business and commercial law clients range from small to medium enterprises (SME s), partnerships, family businesses and public listed companies right across Australia and also internationally.
- We can assist you in starting your business with a sound business structure that protects you, complies with legal obligations and ensures your contracts, terms and conditions, business leases and more are in your best interests.
Tax, product liability, correct structures, public liability – our lawyers have extensive business knowledge.
Let us advise you on which structure is right for you.
• Sole trader
• Trust – family or unit
• Limited partnerships.
The correct legal advice before you start a business is crucial for long-term success.
- Whether you have come up with a new idea you want to protect or involved in a multi-jurisdictional dispute, you are going to require advisers who can help with all facets of intellectual property law.
Our intellectual property team provides you with an efficient service, we are well known for our commonsense approach to all areas of intellectual property law.
Our ability to provide seamless advice for the creation, commercialisation, management, protection and enforcement of our clients’ intellectual property rights sets us apart from our competitors.
Litigation and disputes.
- Our litigation and dispute resolution team is able to advise you on legal disputes and the legal mechanisms available for their successful resolution.
We believe that disputes are often won or lost on the depth and accuracy of litigation lawyers. Should your matter proceed to litigation, you can be assured that a hard-working and dedicated team of lawyers will be protecting your interests from every angle.
Industrial and Labour law
- Our industrial and labour law experts can assist both employees and employers with a wide range of services.
We act for employers and employees in relation to all employment-related matters, including:
• Industrial relations support.
• Litigation and disputes.
Industrial and labour law is subject to extensive regulation under both State and federal law. As a result, a complex system has been created where it can be confusing for all parties involved in a dispute.
In particular, there are often strict time limits and qualifying criteria that may impact a claim. If there is an employment-related issue, it is important that advice is sought quickly. It is critical that solicitors who have experience acting for employees or employers in this area of the law provide you with the correct advice. We will explore all your options to ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome.
Conveyance and Property Law
- We have many years of experience in residential and commercial property matters. We understand that buying, selling or leasing property can be stressful and we will work hard to ensure the process is simple and worry free.
All of our conveyancing services are carried out by experienced solicitors. Your property is too important to leave in the hands of an amateur.
Sale and purchase of property
- If you are buying or selling a property, you need to talk to a conveyancing expert. We will take the stress and worry out of your property dealings.
Buying or selling a property is extremely stressful, we know, we have been through it with thousands of clients, large and small. We have dealt with every conceivable challenge when it comes to property. We know the potential problems and the best solutions. Experience is the best credential when it comes to such an important issue.
- Most businesses will choose to rent property instead of buying it because it requires less capital.
Commercial leases are far more complicated than other leases due to the fact that the terms of these leases are negotiable and vary greatly from agreement to agreement. It is always important to understand the lease terms that define the rights and responsibilities of each party.
Our team provides a full range of commercial leasing services to the real estate industry and to private clients.